Episode 72 – Hostages

Download Mp3 (right-click and Save As)

Watch us play it!

Thanks to our supporters: Jason Warnes, Graham W W?bcke, Rob O’Hara, Paul Harrington, Laurent Giroud, Jonas Rullo, Kolbj?rn Barmen, Tapes From the Crypt,  Adam Bradley, Chris Foulds, Will Williams, Daniel Bengston, O’Brien’s Retro and Vintage, Chad Halstead, and Brent Doughty!

Next Week: Amigos Christmas Spectacular

9 thoughts on “Episode 72 – Hostages

• December 11, 2016 at 6:04 am

As you suspected, I was yelling at the screen 🙂 You jump, then push left to smash through the glass.
    You can tell who the people are through the windows, as the fatter people are the hostages, and the others are the terrorists.
    A favourite game of mine from the early Amiga years.

• December 11, 2016 at 7:52 am

A bit more info. after watching the actual podcast and having a go in WinUAE.
    Shooting the terrorists through the windows definitely reduces the numbers when you go inside.
    The easiest way to get through the windows it to just push left and press fire when over a window.
    When in the corridors left /right make you turn left/right, but when in the rooms it's the other way round.
    I'll try to join the live stream, though it is a bit late. Most of Europe will be asleep.

• December 11, 2016 at 8:39 am

Thanks Paul! The directions (as far as I can remember) make no mention of pressing left, just pressing the fire button. Or maybe I just didn't read correctly 🙂 At any rate, I'll be giving the game another go with this info!

• December 11, 2016 at 12:17 pm

I was also screaming, it's like come on just break in ! – it's so easy. Like Paul I can confirm Shooting through the windows does reduce the numbers.
    Not sure I can make the live stream, might just appear for first 10 mins to say hi.

• December 11, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Aaron, I shared your pain re: CD burning back then. Before buffer underrun protection was introduced you could ruin a CD if you breathed too heavily near it. Then there were all the different file systems you'd have to match, over burning, closed and unclosed sessions.

CloneCD helped a lot but I preferred to use virtual CD mounting utilities like Daemon Tools to avoid having to write to physical discs at all. Everything ran so much faster and you didn't waste any CDs experimenting.

• December 13, 2016 at 8:24 am

I had my first CD burner on my 486 DX2/66 which made coasters all the time. I was sent a copy of MasterISO for the Amiga to review for the Amiga Monitor magazine and connecting the same burner to my Amiga 2000 which had a 23MHz 030 and less RAM, I never had a problem burning a CD. Did not get a single bad disk when my 2000 burned them. Of course this was all when blank CDs cost a lot.