9 thoughts on “Episode 33 – Winter Games

• March 2, 2016 at 9:46 am

You didn't rally seem into it this week.

Good game, but these games I associate more with the mighty C=64 than with the Amiga.

• March 2, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Can you give the link to that Norwegian retro place you mentioned? O'Brians or something?

• March 2, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Sorry for the late reply – my head had swelled up so much I couldn't get through the door to my computer after that ringing endorsement. I'm still not completely convinced you're talking about me as my brain is pulling a cognitive dissonance number on me. 😀

It's hard to believe the Lynx was released only a few months after the Game Boy and Nintendo's platform was the one to take the world by storm. One has a full colour, crystal clear, decent sized LCD screen and high resolution graphics (for the time), and the other is the Game Boy!

• March 2, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Great podcast, having one of you in each ear was a bit weird!. Winter Games I always remember as a ZX Spectrum game, so when I got my Amiga I never played it as I was all 'why would I play games I had on my Spectrum when I got an Amiga!!'. Well I did play it last night, not the best game in the world, but I was wrong to dismiss it back in the day.

The Lynx was a gem of a console, but the price and battery life were all sorts of wrong.

• March 3, 2016 at 7:25 am

Very true! One thing Atari and Sega didn't bank on with their high-powered, full color display units is that battery life trumps all with portable systems. Sony still hasn't figured this out.

• March 3, 2016 at 7:26 am

Sorry about the stereo separation! This was the first (and I hope the last) time we have do record the show separately, but if we ever do it again I'll mix the two tracks into one mono track so you don't get that disconcerting effect 🙂

• March 3, 2016 at 7:28 am

You're right to do so! The C64 ports are the originals of all these games, and they're most always the best versions. Sorry we didn't seem as into it–we were not planning on recording separately, and part of the energy of our show comes from us actually being in the same room.